6 days, 5 nights in El Castillo, Costa Rica
Wed Mar 15 – Mon Mar 20, 2017
Daily herbal medicine classes, delicious farm-fresh cuisine, and adventure activities that appreciate Mother Nature in all her wild splendor – this is the ultimate trip to relax, energize, and indulge, all on the shores of Lake Arenal in the heart of the Costa Rican rainforest.
- Daily herbal medicine classes centered on Western herbal formulary and supportive therapies for digestion, energy, and peak mental health
- Flower and tree ID walks
- Incredible accommodations at an off-the-grid, world-class eco-lodge overlooking Lake Arenal
- Hiking on or near the local volcano
- Swimming in delicious cool and hot pools
- Complete tour of the sustainable activities of this extraordinary 400-acre self-sufficient preserve
- Optional zip-lining in the rainforest canopies
- 3 Fresh, locally sourced meals made every day
- All transportation from airport and within Costa Rica included
- Led by Herbalist Holly Bellebueno with 22 years of experience
Unique, enchanting and beautifully remote, Rancho Margot is a hidden gem near Arenal Volcano. Nestled in the rainforest, Rancho Margot is Costa Rica’s premier eco-lodge and is one of the country’s most exclusive getaways. At Rancho Margot, boutique accommodation and farm-to-table dining go hand-in-hand with sustainable and self-sufficient practices to create an unparalleled retreat experience
Resting on the hills and slopes of the Ranch Valley and tucked into the lush landscape, you will find your own deluxe bungalow. Enjoy the six streams and the Cano Negro River coursing through the property along with the diverse calls of hundreds of bird species, the trill of insects, and the call of howler monkeys create an orchestra of peaceful sounds. On each bungalow’s wrap-around terrace, you can swing in the hammock to the sounds of the forest while admiring the botanical gardens and Lake Arenal in the distance.
An entire episode of CNN’s ‘The Next List” with Dr. Sanjay Gupta was devoted to this amazing destination.